Name : Alessandra Ambrosio
Birth Date : April 11, 1981
Birth Place : Erexim, Brazil
Height : 5' 10" (1.78 m)
Eyes : Brown
Occupation : Model
Agency : Elite Model Management
Storm Model Management
Model Management Hamburg
Birth Name : Alessandra Corine Ambrósio
Measurements : 34-24-34 (US)
Weight : 112 lb. (52 kg)
Dress size : 4 US/34 EU
Shoe size : 7 US/39 EU
Alias : Ale
Spouse : Jamie Mazur (engaged)
Alessandra Ambrosio Trivia
* Alessandra had cosmetic surgery to get her ears pinned back, and had complications from the surgery for the two years following.
* She entered the Elite Model Look contest and won in Brazil.
* She has one sister called Aline.
* She ranked as #84 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
* She named #56 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
* Has a younger sister named Aline Ambrósio, a lawyer.
* Best friend with Brazilian top model Ana Beatriz Barros.
* Ranked #51 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
* She and boyfriend Jaime Mazur are parents of a girl named Anja Louise Ambrosio Mazur, born August 24th 2008 in Brazil.
* She ranked #2 on AskMen.com's 'Top 99 Most Desirable Women' of 2008.
* When she first came to New York, Gisele Bündchen lent her her apartment for two weeks and Adriana Lima helped her translate English.
* She is best known for her work with Victoria's Secret and was chosen as their first spokes-model for Victoria's Secret Pink line.
* Aside from modeling work, she is the National Ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
* Alessandra and Jamie Mazur became the parents of a girl, Anja Louise Ambrosio Mazur, on August 24, 2008 in Brazil. Anja weighed in at 6.3 lb.
* She is Polish/Italian.
Alessandra Ambrosio Detailed Biography
Alessandra Ambrosio was born in Erexim, Brazil, on the 11th of April, 1981. Her modeling career started when she decided to take modeling lessons in Brazil. The course led to her participation in Elite's Look of the Year contest in 1996, which eventually led to her contract with Elite Model Management. When Guess? got hold of Alessandra's shots, the clothing line signed her to the advertising campaign. The company that launched the careers of Estelle Hallyday and Laetitia Casta can add Alessandra to their long list of modeling debutantes. Alessandra is more than a Guess? girl. She has graced the covers of magazines such as Capricho, Desfile, Elle (Brazil), Wallpaper, and Harper's Bazaar (Spanish).
As for fashion shows, Alessandra has walked the catwalks for designers such as Laura Biagiotti, Christian Lacroix, Byblos, Fendi, Issey Miyake, Kenzo, Christian Dior, Nicole Miller, and Oscar de la Renta, among others. Guess? wasn't the only company to see Alessandra's beauty. She also has contracts with Revlon cosmetics, Gap, and is set to appear in advertisements for Calvin Klein eyewear and Giorgio Armani. Those who caught the Victoria's Secret fashion show in Cannes on the Internet may have noticed Alessandra in the show, among a cast of the lingerie line's staples, Tyra Banks and Stephanie Seymour.
While the Brazilian beauty was once an Elite girl, she has switched agencies and is now represented by Marilyn Gaultier. Although her modeling career is on the rise, Alessandra plans to pursue a University degree. When she's not modeling, she spends her time with her model/club promoter boyfriend of two and a half years, Jayson Lee (although she has been romantically linked to fellow model Marcelo Boldrini). She enjoys sandboarding and lounging on the beach listening to Brazilian music. Her favorite place in the world still remains her tiny hometown, and having traveled the world has not convinced her otherwise. When not at her New York apartment or busy building a house in her native Brazil, Alessandra is leaving her mark around the world with International magazine covers, ad campaigns and big league designer fashion shows.